I don't think of 25 mm tires as fat. And I only think of 35 mm tires as
fat when I'm comparing them to 25 mm tires. For my riding, tires start at
40-50 mm and go up from there. I have ridden 25 mm tires considerable
distances on gravel, but I certainly didn't think it was an optimal
situation. I am THRILLED to have so many high quality bike choices these
days that diverge from road-racing bikes and bleeding-edge MTB technology
in favor of "real world" riding (as that term applies to me). That was not
the case 10 years ago, which is what led me to RBW.