I teach courses on Tolkien's sources and fictions, and these Riv references
add new dimension to LOTR for me.  I don't know enough about RBW and its
Esteemed Founder to suss the resonances that inspired the company name and
those of some products, but of course a general sense of elvishness is
clear: elves make things that are beautiful and useful.  As Wlliam Morris
said, "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or
believe to be beautiful."  And that may be said of certain bicycles, indeed.