Hi René,

The Bosco bars can take bar-end shifters, so you can use reverse levers.
Here's CNYRIV's (notably shortened Bosco):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnyriv/7609435114/

And brendanoid (not shortened, but also with interrupters):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76272304@N02/8099501186/

Nowadays, I've become quite fond of handlebar changes-- I think LBS's
should offer kit deals for regular folks (nice displays, some sort of
package deal, etc.) as many weekend bikes could surely be improved by a
shape change.

Shoji