Awkward at first until after 100-150 shifts I got used to it.  I still find
shifting with a thumb a little challenging as contrasted index/middle
fingers.  Requires more work and leverage. At least it is to me.  Works
best with indexed shifters rather than friction/ratchet specific ones like
Silvers.