David,

I agree with Manny, for commuting Marathons are workhorses. I hate to write
this for fear my hubris will bring down the wrath of the tire Gods, but I
think it has been 5 years since I had a flat, and that flat was a rim tube
pinch as a result of a hurried rim tape job. It reads like you are trying
to help someone get started commuting.  As a result of multiple swaps I
have a pair of fairly new 47-559 Marathons in my garage. If you want them
send me your address offline and I will send them to you. No reason to let
good tires gather dust.

Bob (Indianapolis)