*This is the basket I used*
:
http://www.jbikes.net/square-metal-wire-beach-cruiser-bicycle-bike-basket-white-p-969.html?gclid=CJysl9OusbYCFeZxQgodgXIACw
(I used black)

Parts list:
1) Allen bolts and nylocks for the buckle and tongue. They need to have the
flattest heads possible. I used low domed allens. The top of the bail
buckle lands on the top allen head, and if it is too tall the buckle won't
"cam over" to it's closed position. The buckle should have the nuts on the *
inside* of the basket and the tongue should have the nuts on the bottom of
the basket to prevent tearing up your items in the basket.
2) One spacer made from thick walled aluminum tubing to be used between the
basket top mounting plate and lower hole on the bail buckle. Length will
depend on your basket, buckle and rack. This is needed to ensure the buckle
has an arc to stay locked over.
3) Two pieces of aluminum flat bar to sandwich the basket wires for the
upper hole buckle. I filed shallow grooves on the inside of the plates to
encapsulate the wires.
4) One piece of aluminum flat bar for the tongue.
5) Tinker mind and some skill at filing, drilling, fitting and measuring.
6) Patience.

Have fun!