Thanks everyone for the replies. All that info helps a lot as I dither
about what to do next. Much appreciated!

On Thursday, April 4, 2013 8:15:11 AM UTC-7, Michael wrote:

> What kind of tires do you ride on the Rom? Some say the type of tire can
> make a world of difference.

I still use the 700C/28 Ruffy Tuffy's as came with the Rom when new.

Hey Jim -- Why duplicate a bike I already have? The Rom in general is the
perfect bike for my use. For me, it just rocks. However, the one I have has
never really been the right size for me. I bought it at a local shop here
in the SF Bay Area that was a Riv dealer. This was before I was familiar
with the Riv sizing philosophy. The shop advertised that they always did a
complete fitting for any bike they sold, but the most they would do for me
was to look at me on the bike and say, "Yeah, that looks good. Go for it."
What did I know? It seemed OK on a relatively short ride.

If Roms or Rambs were still available new, I'd be on one in a minute. So
far, I haven't seen used examples of either locally that would be the right
size (57 or 58). It's always something!

Reid