I just bought a '97 Rivendell from a gent on craigslist.  I forgot to ask
him what model it is!  I'll probably bug him today to be sure, but is there
a way to tell the model from the serial?  My BB is stamped "Everest" on one
side, and "H970XX" on the other side.  "Handcrafted in Waterford" on the
chain stay.

Other scooby clues:
It's red with cream head tube
Has a Rivendell logo boss, not Atlantis or Rambouillet
Has sidepull brakes, not canti

Anyone know?  I've been very interested in Rivendells since I got back into
biking a couple years ago, but this is the first one I've touched.  Now if
it will only stop raining...

Tim