Oh, it has its share of scratches and one noticeable dent on the top tube.
 But it has those classic lines that I can look at all day.  If I'm not
riding it, which I'm about to do.

The stem is an old SRAM adjustable.  I had one on my too-small Rockhopper
back in the 90s to get the bars up to a decent height.  They're versatile,
but I'm not crazy about them. The adjustment will eventually get loose on
me if I yank on the bars while standing to climb a hill, no matter how hard
you tighten the adjustment bolt.  I'll probly pick up a nice, tall Nitto
stem at some point.