Thanks, Aaron! That is a sharp edge on the outside (and perhaps inside?).
My feet are 4 5/8" wide at the forefoot on a size 11 flipper. My Oaks are
4" wide and I filed the edges round because the wood edge was uncomfortable
square, so a metal edge would certainly be more so. I'm thinking the plan
to screw on a rubber soleing material to the top of the thin gripsters is
the way to go should I ever need to.

I am bemused at how challenging it is to fine a good barefoot pedal, and oh
so very grateful to Grant for granting me his Bullseyes!

With abandon,
Patrick