I ride three largish Rivendells, a road custom (61.5cm), Legolas (62), and
a Quickbeam (60). None shimmy, not one bit. A fourth early Allrounder (58cm
for 26 inch wheels) is super flexible made from Reynolds 753 tubing. It
doesn't shimmy either. The Quickbeam has a front basket and the Allrounder
most often carries a front Acorn bag. Still no shimmy. Shimmy is mysterious
but med-high trail designs such as Rivendells tend to limit shimmy.

Back in The Day I raced on a Dave Moulton Fuso 58cm frame
(for sale, make an offer!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/79695460@N00/400396875/in/set-72157607471577085 ).

Dave claimed his high trail design and short top tubes eliminated shimmy on
his frames. It has always been rock solid. Jan Heine has posited that stiff
chainstays in relation to flexible top tubes help minimize shimmy.