My friend Ed and I decided to stretch out of our S24O comfort zone, and
planned to ride the Natchez Trace, end to end.  We were camping, but had
another friend willing to drive a support van for us, which ultimately
turned our ride from an ordeal, into a positive learning experience.

We had weather delays, and ambitious mileage goals that caused us to
shorten up to 300 out of 444 possible miles.  We learned a great deal about
camping, cooking,  packing, and realistic miles per day, when on non
rail-trail road rides.  Thank goodness for our support!

We met many wonderful people, including an Australian couple, and one of
their friends, who were on day 45 of an LA to New Orleans, up the
Underground Railroad route to Niagra Falls, and then down the GAP trail,
ride to Washington Dulles airport.

My Hillborne rode great, but suffered a fractured rear rim, that wasn't
discovered till I returned home!  Glad it didn't fail dramatically during
the ride.

Here (hopefully) are some pics

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dcpgh/

Cheers,