If indeed the problem is no hitch in the new car, then I would suggest
considering getting a hitch installed or doing it yourself. I put a hitch
on my minivan and it was really pretty easy.  I got the hitch from Amazon
and found an install video on YouTube.  Cost was about $150. I'm not sure
what a roof rack costs, but if you still have the bike rack a hitch install
might be cheaper than a new roof rack. Also, if you don't want to do it
yourself I think Uhaul will install a hitch for about $200.

Aaron Young in Vancouver, WA