This is fascinating! I see all kinds of wildlife running trails. Running
barefoot or in moccasins is so quiet they just don't hear me coming. I've
jumped over rabbits, foxes, turkey and nearly run into deer and bear. I see
much less on my bike. Tires make a lot of noise in comparison to bare feet.
It's also interesting that many of the wildlife photos are in urban
settings -- perhaps the animals are accustomed to ignoring human noise,
peddles cranking, tires on dirt, etc.?

With abandon,
Patrick