I splurged on the new Levers with Gum hoods.  I had to swallow a bit on the
price, especially since you can get the older style Cane Creek version with
gum hoods for a third the price.  I have no regrets.

The levers come with a little insert that goes under the hood, depending on
where on the bars you want them - and an instructional picture that was
useless.  It was a little awkward getting that on but after that the
installation was a snap.  The brake cable goes over the lever and you get a
really good view of the hole you are trying to hit.  That's important for
my old eyes.

The levers are very comfortable, perhaps a tad narrower than the ones they
replaced but very pleasing to my hands, both sitting and standing.  They
pull a lot of cable, which makes set up with canti brakes very simple. They
have a very light touch and a nice feature on the quick release.  Instead
of resetting the QR pin manually these automatically reset when you
compress the lever.  Again nice for us old guys who often say the Senility
Prayer:

God grant that I only forget the people I don't like, only bump into the
ones I do, and the eye sight to tell them apart.
Michael