I would second everything Garth wrote.  I have had great success with Mavic
rims over the years.  I also have a set of daVinci 26 " rims (see davinci
designs) on our tandem.  The V shape is very strong and these wheels have
held up amazingly well under the 400+ lbs of weight on a touring tandem.
 White hubs on both the Ram & tandem.  Trouble free.  I'm sure the PW hubs
are great too, but they are $100 more and unless you are headed to
Patagonia probably overkill.  Some people complain about the noise from the
White hub but my experience has been that is entirely an in-shop
experience, on the road, with the wind in you ear you wont yea them and
even at slow speeds it becomes a hum.

Michael