A comment meant as nothing more than a dramatic attempt to demonstrate why
many people are in fact willing to pay a premium for a non-leather hammock
saddle.  In hindsight I should have used one of those evil winky faces with
those terms to make clear I had no intent to poke anyone in the eye.

Apologies all around.

On point, it is certainly not yet clear thick laminated rubber and cotton
can successfully replace animal skin in a hammock saddle.  Doc Martens
among other high line shoe companies have finally come up with leather
alternatives that are attractive, wear well, and seem to be durable.  If
Brooks has finally found the right combination for hammock saddles, it will
in fact have a market.