The place that looks tight is not so much the width, but the rear length.
 It looks like the tire might hit the too long rear bolt that honjo & vo
use on al fenders.  Bertoud fenders definitely offer more front to back
clearance.  These fenders came to me used and I don't know if the stays
have been cut. I'll have too pull them apart and inspect the ends.

Michael