San Antonio is making good progress on their greenways trails with a goal
of eventually tying them all together.  They have 68 miles completed
(disjointed) and another 85 miles planned that link them all.
The paths all follow the creeks( and SA River), which provides shade over
much of the distance, and plenty of shady stops.
They have already gone past Austin, in that, their paved paths are twice as
wide, while the skinny Austin paths are falling apart (probably didn't help
funding that Austin named theirs after Lance).