Hey, this was a great ride! My first Brevet, and my longest single-day ride
yet, 75 miles in all. So may Rivs in the ride, plus lots of RBW influence,
from bags, racks, clothing, bits 'n pieces. Most fun was meeting other
riders and chatting while riding. I knew it would be a good day when I
espied a Rivendell Custom atop a car on the Bay Bridge at 6:20 in the
morning, which turned out to be Esteban, up from San Diego. Our frames were
nearly twins.

It seems that for some, a 115k ride is a just a warmup. I found it
exhausting, but still fun and ready for more. Thanks enormously to the SFR
who organized the ride, AND fed the riders at the end with sloppy Joes,
salad, and beer. I'll be on more rides, you bet.

And if the guy who offered to trade a Hilsen *and* a Hunqapillar for my
Custom is reading this... if you're quite serious, do send me a note.

- Andrew, Berkeley