Ian,

I had the same problem on my wife's Ebisu All-Rounder.  The CR720s that she
uses have Dura-Ace size pad holders.  I filed the upper back corner of the
holder where it hit the fork blade.  I went down to where I could just see
the pad.  It hasn't been problem for 3000+ miles and now you can get the
wheel off with a 32 mm tire.

Bill Lucas
Watsonville, CA