Matt-

I have a 1997 Rivendell Road, and I have less than 1mm clearance above 28mm
Ruffy Tuffy's at the fork crown and brake bridge.  I figured no fenders
with 700C.  I have some SKS fenders that I plan on using with 650B Lierres
(plenty of clearance), once they arrive and I install them.

How did you attach the fender to the chainstay bridge?  Mine only has a
small drain hole (no kickstand or fender mount); I figured I'd use a clamp
around the bridge and a long bolt to reach the fender.

Tim