Never mind, I found it

Statrixbob
 7/19/12
   Re: [RBW] Re: King Grip Pedals
 Yep, loose bearings. Repacking is really very simple. I do all my MKS
pedals (GKs and Touring) before I even mount 'em these days.

Here's a couple of links with varying degrees of helpfulness:

http://fatboybiking.blogspot.com/2010/06/rebuilding-mks-grip-king-pedals.html

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php/576932-MKS-pedals-are-noisy-click?p=9535678&viewfull=1#post9535678

Aloha,

Bob