Thanks. I thought I'd heard of using some sort of heat blower -- will a
hair dryer get hot enough?

I do have the front mounted using the riveted mounting tab, with this
attached rather rearward to a Sheldon brake bolt nut, but I want to keep
this for ease of removal -- these fenders are strictly seasonal. Note that
I've got the fender shoved upward as far as the crown will allow. The Riv
does have a threaded boss under the crown, but as the fender as now mounted
is flat against the bottom of the crown, there is no advantage to
re-mounting.

The trouble lies in the crowing under the crown which forces the fender
closer to the tire than further aft where, free from such constraint, it
can follow a slightly larger curve-- this excacerbated, of course, by
forcing a 700C fender to follow the line of a tire 1" smaller in radius.

I'll get out the blow drier and see if I can do something about it.

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 10:44 PM, Michael <john11.2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know if any of this applies to the situation but here goes:
>
> 1.Are you mounting the fender tab in front of the crown? If not, try it,
> and that may take up a few CM's of fender slack to help flatten the bulge.
> If you are, try it aft.
>
> 2.Could you  try mounting the fender with a sliding bridge? Then you could
> really move that puppy right where you want it, letting the slack get taken
> up both in front and behind the crown.
>
> 3. If the fender is plastic, heat that puppy up with a blow dryer/ heat
> gun and just bend it to shape?

http://resumespecialties.com/index.html
patrickmo...@resumespecialties.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/patrickmooreresumespec/