Oh!  I like this idea.  Either Bellingham or Colorado Springs both work
well for me  (As well as any two places I could think of, actually.  East
coast would be pretty difficult.)   A couple of suggestions:

1.  Plans/itineraries, if this actually happens,  should be firmed up by
early- to mid-winter  (ie.: Feb 1),  in order for people to plan vacation
time around it.   That's partly just the reality for us working stiffs, but
also is the time when many other events and activities (like organized bike
tours and permitted rivers) hold their lotteries or have their entry
deadlines for summer activities.   At some point, I'd have to choose one or
the other.

2. I'd love it if some of the (presumed) activities/rides could be
kid-friendly.  So longer rides or days might need SAG support.

3. It would be nice to do it where camping is an easy option, to keep costs
down, but where there are hotel accommodations too, for those who prefer.
Kind of dictates doing it in a smaller satellite community or rural
area, where you wouldn't have to worry about locking your gear or bike all
the time, either!

4.  For the above two reasons, a hub-and-spoke type ride-based event might
be nice, to accommodate as many personalities and riding tastes as
possible.  It sure doesn't need to be an endurance, count-the-miles sort of
thing, like a regular bike tour, and not having to pack up every day would
give us more opportunity to meet and mingle with each other.

5.  I think there should be a small entry fee, which could go to providing
air fare to get Grant and possibly a couple other Riv employees there.