Hugh,
Thank you so much for organizing this. The following is the source of my
ambiguity, quoted from my school district's start-up meeting calendar:

"Friday, August 23, we will be meeting at Peninsula High School for our 9-12
District Professional Development Day starting at 8:00AM. Around 3PM, PV and
Pen staff will be having a kick-off mixer (more info to come)."

What this means is that I have no idea when I can join you all for the ride.
Even if I don't go to the mixer, if I'm not free until 3, I'm screwed with So.
Cal Friday traffic. I figure I'll be joining the ride Saturday morning. So I
will not insist on dibs on camping room.

-Jim

On Aug 12, 2013, at 5:57 PM, Hugh Smitham wrote:

> David, Here is my count.
>
> 1.Me
> 2.Doug
> 3.Evan
> 4.You
> 5.Curtis
> 6.Mike
> 7.Tom
> 8.Jim ?
> 9.Estaban?
> 10Mitch?
>
> So I have a confirmed 8 counting Jim in as I think he was in but might drive
> down later. I haven't heard whether Estaban was a confirmed participant also
> I haven't heard back from Mitch as he lives the furthest SLO and said he
> wasn't setup for camping.
>
> Also, Doug said he had three friends that were interested but was holding off
> to see how many confirmed we ended up with. The site capacity is for 8 but
> since we won't have any auto's we can probably get away with now I'm guessing
> here 12 that's an additional 4. As a bail out plan I suppose the worst case
> scenario would be to take a motel in SC? I just checked there are 10 sites
> currently available perhaps you could book one then were good for 16 campers.
> It will cost $43 for the night. Go to http://www.reserveamerica.com Then Your
> friends and Doug's are covered.
>
> Best,
>

> Hugh
> Sunland, Ca
>

> On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM, cyclotourist <cyclotour...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hugh, do you have an updated count? Some of my locals are interested
> but I don't know how much dirt is left to sleep on.
>
> On 8/12/13, Frank Quan <jfq...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > If anyone is interested in riding up from North County on Friday, let me
> > know.  I can't spend the night so it has to be early enough for me to get
> > home before dark.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Frank
> >

> > --

> Cheers,
> David
>
> "it isn't a contest. Just enjoy the ride." - Seth Vidal

James Warren
jimcwar...@earthlink.net

- 700x55