For what it's worth, I don't notice any drag on my AW - But I might not
recognize it, even if it bit me in the butt :.)

The part of your question I don't understand is the specific numbers you
give.  Wouldn't those vary, depending on chainring and rear sprocket?  I've
got sprockets in one-tooth increments from 16 to 21, and I think they go to
at least 22...

That said, assuming you don't already have an AW, the SX3 and freewheel
sound like a good bet for what you want to do.

Nick W.