DianeB:

Here's my 5'-2" wife on her 47 cm Atlantis:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33786397@N03/9195746443/

With 26" wheels, her bike is comfortable & rides well at 50-60 psi, Pasela
TG in front & Compass in the back (just to see if it's worth 2X the cost of
a Pasela).  Smaller bikes & lighter riders should do well with more supple
tires, without giving up much in longevity or flat resistance.  At least
that's my theory, & I'm sticking to it.

dougP.