I have my QB set up with the Riv-supplied double up front and a White
Industries DOS freewheel in back. I don't use the flip side of the hub at
the moment. It's easy to shift, but I don't shift much as my commute can be
done in one gear and that's 99% of my riding on the QB.

I hang a pannier briefcase off a Tubus rack out back and the bike handles
great. I don't use front cargo options much.

I have an older set of SKS/Berthoud plastic fenders on the bike now, but
agree with other that a pop-off rear fender mount makes life much easier
with the horizontal dropout.

The QB/SO is a bike with a very unique and versatile spec - wide tires,
canti brakes, lugged steel, horizontal-ish dropouts. I'm not surprised a
recent frame on Ebay went for good money - I don't think you can get that
combo anywhere else without going custom.

-Pete in CT