Chris: The Pasela 1 1/4" is 32 mm. The max size w/o fenders per RBW is 37mm
which in a Pasela is 1 1/2". My 52 cm Ram runs on these 1 1/2" Paselas.
 Kenda calls its 40 mm tire a 1 1/2" also. I just got a lightly used pair
for $10 and intend to see if they'll go on. Depends on what the actual size
is after inflation. The fork has more clearance than the brake bridge does.
I am sure 38mm will fit, though I know of none made for a 559 wheel size.