Garth -- In fact, I did not know about them -- thanks for the reference.
I'll ride my home-covered job for a while, though, before I decide whether
to pass it on to a professional.

Segway: I was fortunate to receive a number of rough cut shoe inserts from
Tony Colgrave, in Britain, who re-covers Brooks saddles with leather that
is considerably better even than the original. Some years ago I had
blathered onlist about liking boat shoes for cycling except that they
weren't stiff enough. He sent me some rough cut blanks cut from leftover
saddle covers and I have to say that this leather is remarkably thick,
solid, yet pliable -- it is the thickness that protects the foot, not the
stiffness alone.

On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Garth <garth...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You likely already know about these guys, I've not needed them, though I
> surely could have in the past !   Saddle restoration . So yes .... plastic
> based saddles can last not forever ... but a mighty long time :)
> http://www.recoveredsaddle.com/

*RESUMES THAT GET YOU NOTICED!*
Certified Resume Writer
http://resumespecialties.com/index.html