Not sure about the parking situation. I ride to that area from my house
(I'm spoiled). If you're going up Westridge, another option would be to
meet at Peet's at the corner of San Vicente and Gorham in Brentwood. That's
all City of LA street parking around there and might be more forgiving than
Santa Monica. Then you'd ride San Vicente a few blocks west to Burlingame,
to a short descent down Sunset Blvd. to Mandeville Canyon and then up
Westridge. Gets you into the nice stuff pretty quickly. Coming back to your
cars up San Vicente from the PCH is good because there's a great bike lane
on San Vicente.

Bryan