Patrick, my commuting colleagues and I have a variation of your race that
we do fairly often. On stormy days we watch the storms coming in on weather
radar and time our departure for home based on the storm arrival. We almost
always procrastinate just a bit too long and end up with a sprint to home.
Earlier this summer I was racing a storm line that was getting darker and
noisier by the minute - I ended up with lots of wind and some too close
lightening - it was a wonderful ride! Bob