I run mine across the top tube down to where the light is mounted on the
fender. If I decide to run without fenders than I'll just use a battery
powered clip-on rear light.

It isn't pretty but it's functional. I found that if you can get the cable
fairly taught that it isn't as noticeable. You could also consider some of
the learnings from Lovely Bicycle on the subject.

http://lovelybike.blogspot.com/2011/11/aftermarket-dynamo-lights-clean-look.html