Just get it taut enough -- I use needlenose pliers to pull it gently. If
the chain won't move to the smallest cog, and you've properly adjusted the
"High" throw screw, then back it off a bit. It won't matter if it's wee bit
loose, for friction, as long as the lever has enough throw for the entire
cassette.

For indexing, use the barrel adjuster on the derailleur to get the
derailleur positioned correctly. Start by getting the chain to track
precisely on the middle cog and then run the chain up and down, adjusting
slightly as needed. You don't need to turn the barrel much once the
derailleur is close to the right postion.

I'll be curious how it does with 10 -- I shift 9 with no problem, and I
shifted 10 with a Simplex Retrofriction dt lever -- but the Retrofriction
had the advantage of (1) a small barrel for precision and (2) the best
clutch mechanism of them all -- better even than the Silvers, IMO.

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 9:43 AM, Michael <john11.2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Putting Albas with fric/sis bar ends onto Bleriot. Hope to be able to
> friction shift though over the 10-speed cassette.
>
> *1. How hard do I pull on and hold the shifter cable when I tighten it
> down with the bolt on the derailer?*
> *Really hard, or just pull gently to its full length? How do I know the
> cable tension is correct?*
> **
> *2. If I need to use the barend's indexing option because it just wont
> friction shift over 10 well, what else do I need to do for adjusting cable
> tension for SIS?*

*RESUMES THAT GET YOU NOTICED!*
Certified Resume Writer
http://resumespecialties.com/index.html