I'm pretty sure Rigida rims are made in China. They're cheap here, but
theirs were also the only rims I could find that are wide, silver and have
36 holes and aren't disc-specific. Mavic rims are about 1.5–2 times the
price, and Velocity rims are only available in very few places and are far
more expensive.

The gearing is certainly low (roughly equivalent to a 30t ring with a 12–34
cassette?) but I think it will be about right for hills. 7 and 8 are nice
cruising gears on flat pavement. I'll post again after I've been on some
longer off-road rides. One thing I noticed, having never ridden an IGH bike
before, is that the drag from the hub is quite apparent in the bottom 4
gears, but not noticeable in the top 4.