Realize the intent of the Mark's rack:

Nitto and Grand Bois have their nice canti-mount racks out there, and when
you can use it, it's the rack to go-to.

The whole reason the Mark's rack came about was so that you could put a
rack on a bike w/o canti posts... and when you go to other-than-cantis, you
need to be flexible with how it mounts... so instead of fixed struts,
things can be adjusted to fit a wider variety of bikes.

My Ram, I use a Mark's on the front of it;  I have it going to the mid-fork
braze-ons, and it's very stable. Yeah, you could shave a little weight if
instead of being adjustable, it was designed to specifically go to the
mounts, and it would be a little more stable if it could bolt straight into
the fork crown, but the brake has to be there, too, so it has to use the
bracket... but it can work if you don't have braze-ons, too... It's just
nice to have the ability to use a rack that otherwise couldn't;  so the
Mark's is really a big 'problem solver'.

On the canti-Rom, sure, I have an M13 that I can put on since there's not a
caliper in the way, and the canti-studs are at a fixed relationship so the
struts are fixed;  it works, for just that configuration, but wouldn't be
anywhere as easy to mount otherwise.

So, I haven't this Calfee being discussed;   I'm assuming that it has disc
brakes?   That would mean that there's not a caliper in the way of the fork
crown, but that would also mean that it doesn't have canti-studs to mount
to, right?   So the Grand Bois rack is out;  the Mark's is adjustable
enough to mount to it, but yeah, maybe the Nitto minirack would be a better
choice, since it's more flexible in how it mounts to the fork arms.

Just some thoughts....