Eric:  Coming from a fellow Niner rider (I ride an MCR), I'd better believe
it.  Great write-up (especially like the snow photos).  I actually ran into
a few R&D dudes from Surly at the Fruita Fat Tire festival in April.  We
had just finished a thrill ride on Zippity-Doo-Dah and ran into these guys
in the lot (where I immediately noticed this awesome bike layin on its
side)... I said to the guy "That looks like Pugsley's big brother"... He
replied "It's a Krampus... 29er... here, take it for a spin"... So I did.
 WOW, surprisingly fast and nimble, although it was all on flat, fast and
flowy dirt/sand single track... I didn't get a chance to climb with it...
but wow, what a cool (and FUN) bike.  They both had em (prototypes), set up
for SS... Perhaps one day... although I gotta say, riding a nice steel,
nimble 29er on tight technical forested trails is so blissful, I wonder how
it could ever get better...

But sorry, this is getting off-topic... Still, I hope where this is all
heading is with further growth of the 'adventure bike' category...
something that all Rivs seem to comfortably fit in already...

Peace,
BB

>>> patric...@resumespecialties.com