80 inches is my "too big to climb, too small to keep up with geared
buddies" all-around gear.
I prefer a 70 to 74 inch gear for riding by myself. In the next couple days
there will be a churning of the chainrings, and the Quickbeam will probably
get a 42t ring.

The bars are original 80s-era WTB dirt drops. Still my favorite, but I
happily run/rock* the Midges and Woodchippers on other bikes.

Philip
www.biketinker.com

*Is "rub" still a joke?