On 12/27/2013 12:18 AM, Michael wrote:

I think ultra-riders are beyond your typical cycling enthusiast.
I admire people who ride that much.
I can't comprehend it or begin to understand how to train for something like brevets.
But I'd like to do it.

If you can ride a century you can ride a 200K brevet. It's only an additional 24 miles.

There are books and articles about training for long distance cycling. Many have titles that talk about training for a double century.