Love to see a detail image of the problem area.  Basically it sounds like
the inverted triangles are too short.  If it's a new rack, perhaps have
them swap it for one with higher positioning.

Is this the setup you are trying to get to work?

http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com/2012/03/03/2/if_650b_rack_600.jpg

http://www.ecovelo.info/images/ps-lht-02.jpg

Perhaps they make one with a longer tang to clear the upward motion of the
brake setup.

hope that helps,

- Jim