The medium Wald basket is cheap and ubiquitous; your LBS probably sells
them with the handlebar/axle mounts attached.  Remove that excess hardware
zip tie it to your front rack.

I use generic canvas or nylon shopping bags, held down with a bungee net.
 Not as sexy as the ShopSack, but they do the job fine.

Just some suggestions to get you started as a basket rider.  (I bought my
basket and bungee net from Riv, but realized afterwards that there are
other options).

Tim