Hi Joan,

It is the "out of the box" cable length from the thumb shifter kit. the kit
came with the thumb shifters, cables, cores, cable stops and this segment
for the chain stay bracket to the derailleur.  I was so amazed that I
actually got the drive train to work in both friction and SIS by following
the directions I didn't want to make any refinements.

I'll probably shorten it when I get more confident in the build and braver.

BTW, ever since my Samuel Hilborne I have reverted to friction.  I like to
shift and trim rather than just deal with where a non optimized SIS puts
the derailleur.

Obligatory RBW plug:  the frame set is from Boulder Bicycles and is a
randonneur, which is what I wanted.  I thought a lot about the Rodeo and
Hilsen, but ended up opting for low trail, front loading optimization, and
lighter weight.  Most everything else except the Acorn bag and Gyes seat
bag is from RBW.  I liked the level and choice of components on my Sam so
well that I wanted to do something comparable and I trust RBW for these
products.

Best regards,

Tom