I like this story, Liesl.  Love to hear the effect "beausage" is having on
James.  I read this and that part of *Just Ride* from time to time.  I
cannot say that I had a transformational or "Ah Ha" moment in any one
instance, but, I am augmenting my riding in many ways because of it.  I
keep returning to the book.  I take many more short rides around the 'hood
in street clothes and shoes without waiting to suit up for a "training
ride" of some distance.  I don't wait for perfect weather.  Once in a
while, when returning from work late, I ride the bike up and down the
street just for the fun of it.  You can stand anything as long as it will
end soon and Southern California is always relatively mild.

Beausage reminds me of "patina" and quality silverware.  Patina means you
are using (and enjoying) the silverware.  So it is with our bikes.

Best regards and thank you for this.

Tom