Hi William,

Knowing your setup, allow me to withdraw my suggestion.  I realize from
your described equipment that you are well beyond needing Peter's Primer.
I apologize if making that suggestion seemed as though I were talking down
to you.  I understand you are looking for specific advice based on
experience, not theory or the universe of possibilities.

I could not leave the bike you have described locked up on the curb (in the
same place every day?) out of my sight for even one hour.  Not comfortably
for even 10 minutes.  I hope that is just me and the actual possibility of
theft is lower than I suspect.

Making it more attractive to thieves by adding a generator hub and a nice
light is not something I would consider but I respect what you are trying
to do.  Good luck.

-jb - not trying to start a discussion about bike theft

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 11:56 AM, William! <william.c.hender...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I realize I didn't mention much about my setup. It's 700c Atlantis that I
> use to commute every day. I also do occasional longer rides, brevets and
> tours but I am more concerned about price than theoretical performance
> (i.e. having the very best). Particularly because I lock this bike up on
> the curb almost every day. Current wheelset is 36H Velocity Dyads laced to
> Deore XT, I ride Jack Browns on top. I'd be replacing just the front wheel
> unless I found a good deal on a set.
>
> William
>

> On Monday, January 20, 2014 9:31:47 AM UTC-8, William! wrote:
>>
>> I've been meaning to get a dynamo set up on my bike for the last 5 years
>> or so. Anyone have something sitting around that'd get me up and running?
>> Or maybe just a pointer on where to get started.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> William
>>
>  --

John Blish