Well, no one will accuse me of being patient. I have a hitch on the van and a
rack in a box, ready for installation. I'm going back to CA for the first time
since moving, and we are taking the bikes. In a mad rush, I started the
research and pressured U-Haul into hitching me up. The first LBS I hit quoted
me the price of their Hollywood tray rack. After looking at Cyclotourist's
Craigslist links, I realized that the bike shop was giving me a smoking deal.
Turns out they misquoted me, but they decided it was their mistake and  I'm the
proud new owner of a $250 rack - that cost me $175! (I would have never held
them to it; it was their idea.)

It is a 2 biker, but I decided the van will have room for the two boys' bikes
and we really just need his and mine mounted. At this price, I can sell it
without guilt if we need the 4 bike rack. It gets nice reviews on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Hollywood-Racks-HR1000-Platform-Receiver/dp/B000QJ8C3W/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Tomorrow will find me out in the garage, trying to locate and figure out how to
use tools. Because, well, impatient...

Seriously, thanks to everyone; you made this a lot of fun and very motivating.
One might say it's YOUR fault I'm $400 poorer!