Hi Michael,

I'm on my second pair of Oboz Firebrand shoe-ish boots here in Portland. I
wear them under a poncho. They're also my year round hiking boots. For me,
they strike the right balance. While skinny for boots, they're still too
wide for toeclips in my size, so I switch to platform pedals in the rainy
season. The proprietary membrane strikes a nice balance for me and has
never left my feet we on my 5-6 mile commute. A less aggressive sole would
be nice on the bike, but then they wouldn't work as well for hiking.

I've snagged both pair at REI for around $80, where they seem to go on sale
regularly.

Best,
joe broach
portland, or