On Monday, February 10, 2014 10:20:47 AM UTC-8, Anne Paulson wrote:

> I still want to ride the Lost Coast. But now, I'm looking for a
> mostly-dirt loop up there. My new Krampus will prefer dirt to
> pavement, unlike my beautiful Atlantis.
>
> Any suggestions?

Here's the route I know of as an alternate to 101 through the Lost Coast:
http://northcoastbikerides.blogspot.com/2011/08/lost-coast-tour.html
It's partly paved and partly unpaved. There are good BLM maps of the area
if you want to meander through the forest in a less direct route. There is
also the Paradise Royale loop, which was built by mountain bikers and
offers some great and challenging single track in the King Range.

jim m
wc ca