Dear Hugh,

In his time, Colin Fletcher made an impression on me with his "1000 Mile
Summer" that has stayed with me from my teens to my present age.  The
Panamints are featured as are many things.  The book inspired a wilderness
ethic that is a part of my life (along with "Complete Walker" and his other
works).  Off topic for Rivsters, but I am sentimental about it.

Take care, good friend,

Tom