Thanks for posting.  This is good news.   Just in case people haven't seen
it, here is yet another, similar new option from Surly - a 700c x
41mm, based on their 29+ Knard tire.

http://surlybikes.com/parts/wheels/knard_41

Cool back-story on the nano-raptor, in that link.  I think it's great that
manufacturers are listening to "customers," in at least some cases, and
building the things they/we actually want.  Or is the story a bit
disingenuous and am I giving them too much credit?   Maybe it's still just
a 100% calculated, fully-market-researched business decision, designed to
capitalize on the  current "gravel road racing"  fad.   Jay, the "rider"
mentioned in the story, is a mechanic at my local bike shop.  He's a SUPER
nice guy, but he's unbelievably fast and accomplished, too. Pretty much the
exact opposite of an un-racer or average enthusiast.

Others have made similar tires (light weight / knobby /narrower than a
29er) before, but then inexplicably discontinued them.  I've had a hard
time keeping one of my bikes shod in suitable rubber until now, having to
search for discontinued tires.